Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's almost Christmas!

Things have been crazy around here so it's been a VERY long time since we updated. The next few weeks are going to be equally as crazy, but super fun. We went to Vegas for Thanksgiving with the families and it was super fun! However when we came home I got a cold and was sick until just a few days ago. But I finally kicked it. I was sick all through finals week and I took a test 5 days in a row. The semester finally ended and I got all A's :) I got the highest grade in my accounting class. I felt pretty good about myself. Jason doesn't have all his grades yet but he's pretty sure he got all A's too. We're just awesome like that. We finally got callings in our ward…a year and a half later. We were of course, called to the nursery. I was pretty excited. Yay for having kids to play with. We also are speaking next Sunday. Not so excited about that, but I’ll survive. Other than that we have just been working like crazy. It's pretty much what we always do. One day I did get a break from class and we watched Andy’s nieces. I had so much fun. They are adorable and we napped. It was truly glorious.

It won't stop snowing! It has snowed every day since Thursday. It has been ridiculous. And of course the cities are trying to save money on plowing so the roads are not cool at all. I hate going out. The past 2 winters here in Utah I didn't mind at all because I didn't worry much, but this year is crazy. Today I took Andy to the airport and it took me 2 HOURS to get home. It's normally like a 10 - 15 min drive on the freeway…but nope 2 hours. And I just slid down the hill to our house. It's pretty much a daily ritual now but, it's a good thing I was in Andy's car and not mine today. Mine doesn't like the snow much. So we always take Jason’s in the snow but he was at a lab thing. So yeah…my life has become one that revolves around the snow. I never thought I'd be that person, but this year the snow is so bad I just can't make myself go out unless I have to. Hopefully it gets it all out of its system before the semester starts again and then I will actually go to class. The last thing I need is to have the snow as a reason to skip class haha. Oi vey!


Anyways...we can't wait until Christmas (we both suck at surprises and like to give them away) and then on the 1st of Jan we're going to Vegas for a few days and then to Fresno for a few days. It will be so nice to have a vacation and get to spend some time with everyone. We have to work on Christmas, but since it's at night it's not too bad. We can still have Christmas morning together and then we make dinner and take our huge Christmas dinner to work. It's pretty fun actually.


Well here are some pictures of the snow (especially for you mom), our tree, our trip to Vegas and other random things.

This is the road in front of our apartment. It really is a road, I swear.
This is me standing in the 3 foot pile of snow.

Jason surprised at the snow.

This is what used to be our grass. We made a walkway to the door.

This is one of our early presents from Jason parents. YAY!
Of course my tree topper is a silver star. :)
Our pretty tree with some presents

This is me when I stayed home sick. I was so bored. It was horrible
Napping with the baby.
Getting in daddy's car :)
Krista got a little bit worn out from our midnight shopping adventure on Black Friday and couldn't even make it all the way to bed.

8 comments:

The Millers said...

Looks like lots of fun! When we first got married the calling we got at church was also nursery...that was 1 1/2 years ago, and now we have both moved up to primary...its funny though, its like they think "lets put young married couples with the kids" there's a reason we don't have kids yet...right? haha. Well nursery should be pretty fun, easy lesson, play time, snacks and some sort of art or coloring project. I hope you guys enjoy!

The Millers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel's Family said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both. Hope you have a safe trip. XOXOXO Mel

Jesse and Katie Brunner said...

I love the pictures! So our apartment complex is in Orem, right behind Wal-mart. They're called Pinnacle Canyon View. Those the ones you're thinking of?? Are you guys going back to Vegas for Christmas?

Cristy said...

Hey Cynthia!
I love the pics of the snow!! I totally understand it - if you're cold!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

P.S. I tried to email your parents and get their address but no luck! Could you email me their address?
Thanks!
cristy.michaelson@gmail.com

Justin & Krystal said...

Hello friends!!! I miss you so much. We have lots of snow here too. I'm so sad that I didn't get to see you guys while I was in California. But.....I did leave your gift with Kristen and Aaron. It's not really all that exciting. But I made it just for you. I love you guys!! Be safe. And have an AMAZING Christmas!!

Lauren Call Green said...

Of course people will think that about you and I will remind you all the time! Love you too! Hope you're having lots of fun in Fresno! See you tomorrow night!! I think...

Zion Tilley said...

Don't you just love the snow? I miss the Cali weather. You guys are sooo cute together. I didn't know you had a baby?!?! When did that happen?